An Update -- and an Admission
So. It’s me. It’s been a good long while since my last monster post; I’m overdue for another one. Since the only means by which I can remember the events of my life is the photos on my memory card, let’s just take a little chronological tour – shall we?
Yes, folks, this is Easter. Here are the kids at the annual Easter Party at Logan's parents' house. The kids always come away with TONS of stuff from this little get-together (the Parental Candy Tax is remains in force, naturally). Benson had a new helper this year: Logan's brother Jordan is engaged to be married in July. He and his fiancee Chelsie were good enough to supervise Benson's egg-gathering.


More egg-hunting at Grammy and Papa's house. We also did some egg-coloring. These cousins had a big time finding all their treats!

Next was Amanda's end-of-the-year joyschool party. It was complete with water games, so everyone wore their swimsuits. Lily is modeling hers with that fetching beach body that everyone is so jealous of...

The following is a progression of Amanda's first try on a Slip-n-Slide. I was a little worried when she slipped right onto her back in the cold water -- but she popped right up like a daisy and couldn't wait for her next turn!




We took the kids to Layton Park a couple of weeks ago to feed the ducks. The weather was gorgeous, the park was green, and the ducks were...snobs. Yeah, seriously. Who ever head of a duck who would turn up his bill at popcorn? Apparently these ducks are so well-fed, they aren't impressed by anything except quality sandwich bread. Well, too bad, ducks. If you had any idea how protective Logan is about his Grandma Sycamore's white bread, you'd know that you're asking WAY too much. The seagulls were less discriminating, so the popcorn didn't go to waste.

In this photo, Lily is saying, "Oh, look at the cute duckie! He has a green head!" In hot pursuit of the duck, she neglected to watch where she was going and waded directly into a standing pool of muddy water/duck poop/algae that had been baking in the sun. SO GROSS. We had only been at the park for about 10 minutes at this point, but her pants were absolutely unwearable. Thankfully there was a restroom where I was able to rinse out her pants and then dry them with the world's most powerful hand-dryer ever. Not kidding; the air wasn't warm, but it blew with such force that I'm convinced it was originally intended to be part of a rocket-launching mechanism and somehow found its way into the Layton City Parks system. Weird.
Benson, a.k.a. "The Constant Gardener." This kid loves to grub around in the dirt -- but he won't do it without the proper yard implements. Whenever we open the garage to go play outside, he makes a beeline for the rake, the hoe or the shovel and immediately begins his "work" in the yard.
Next was our family vacation to Park City. We got back just two days ago. We had such a fun time in Park City last year, we decided to make it a tradition (at least until the kids think it's lame or we obtain the patience/financial means to travel farther than 40 miles from our home -- whichever one comes first). The kids were dying to go bowling again, so we hopped on over to the little po-dunk bowling alley in Heber City. Below are two prime examples of the International Bowling Distress Signal: "Oh, no! That's not where the ball is supposed to go! Turn! Turn!"


We had a lot of fun relaxing and spending time together (though you can't really tell from Benson's expression in this next photo). Hey, did you notice his new haircut? If you scroll back up and take a look at the photo of him at the park, you can see that he was looking a bit...unkempt. I figured I could get away with buzzing his head for summer, so I went after him with the clippers. Anyone who happened to be in the vicinity of our backyard during this process probably thought he was being scalped based on the noises he was making -- but I think he's over it now.

On our way back from Park City, we stopped at Ensign Peak so I could do a bit of investigating for an upcoming youth activity. The kids "hiked" to Vista Mound (is that what it was called?) to check out the view (the original idea was to hike to the top of Ensign Peak as a family -- but it wasn't long before we realized that there was NO WAY we'd be able to get the kids to the top. Logan ended up going to a nearby park with the kids while I continued on).

So there's the update! And now for the admission. I think I would be a better blogger if I didn't feel like I had to chronicle every event that takes place in our family. If I didn't feel like I had to document, in photographs, each milestone or item of significance, I think I would be more consistent. Really, I think it's the photos that get me. Part of it is that I take so many in the first place. There's an awful lot of sifting, sorting, editing, re-formatting and uploading to be done before they're blog-ready -- and that's before I've even begun to write! By doing this, I feel that I'm missing out on recording the mostly-mundane-but-occasionally-mildly-amusing happenings of my family's everyday life. So in the future, you can expect fewer photos and shorter (and hopefully more frequent) entries -- and I can expect less guilt and...well, I'll just settle for less guilt. :)
Yes, folks, this is Easter. Here are the kids at the annual Easter Party at Logan's parents' house. The kids always come away with TONS of stuff from this little get-together (the Parental Candy Tax is remains in force, naturally). Benson had a new helper this year: Logan's brother Jordan is engaged to be married in July. He and his fiancee Chelsie were good enough to supervise Benson's egg-gathering.


More egg-hunting at Grammy and Papa's house. We also did some egg-coloring. These cousins had a big time finding all their treats!
Next was Amanda's end-of-the-year joyschool party. It was complete with water games, so everyone wore their swimsuits. Lily is modeling hers with that fetching beach body that everyone is so jealous of...

The following is a progression of Amanda's first try on a Slip-n-Slide. I was a little worried when she slipped right onto her back in the cold water -- but she popped right up like a daisy and couldn't wait for her next turn!




We took the kids to Layton Park a couple of weeks ago to feed the ducks. The weather was gorgeous, the park was green, and the ducks were...snobs. Yeah, seriously. Who ever head of a duck who would turn up his bill at popcorn? Apparently these ducks are so well-fed, they aren't impressed by anything except quality sandwich bread. Well, too bad, ducks. If you had any idea how protective Logan is about his Grandma Sycamore's white bread, you'd know that you're asking WAY too much. The seagulls were less discriminating, so the popcorn didn't go to waste.

In this photo, Lily is saying, "Oh, look at the cute duckie! He has a green head!" In hot pursuit of the duck, she neglected to watch where she was going and waded directly into a standing pool of muddy water/duck poop/algae that had been baking in the sun. SO GROSS. We had only been at the park for about 10 minutes at this point, but her pants were absolutely unwearable. Thankfully there was a restroom where I was able to rinse out her pants and then dry them with the world's most powerful hand-dryer ever. Not kidding; the air wasn't warm, but it blew with such force that I'm convinced it was originally intended to be part of a rocket-launching mechanism and somehow found its way into the Layton City Parks system. Weird.
Benson, a.k.a. "The Constant Gardener." This kid loves to grub around in the dirt -- but he won't do it without the proper yard implements. Whenever we open the garage to go play outside, he makes a beeline for the rake, the hoe or the shovel and immediately begins his "work" in the yard.
Next was our family vacation to Park City. We got back just two days ago. We had such a fun time in Park City last year, we decided to make it a tradition (at least until the kids think it's lame or we obtain the patience/financial means to travel farther than 40 miles from our home -- whichever one comes first). The kids were dying to go bowling again, so we hopped on over to the little po-dunk bowling alley in Heber City. Below are two prime examples of the International Bowling Distress Signal: "Oh, no! That's not where the ball is supposed to go! Turn! Turn!"

We had a lot of fun relaxing and spending time together (though you can't really tell from Benson's expression in this next photo). Hey, did you notice his new haircut? If you scroll back up and take a look at the photo of him at the park, you can see that he was looking a bit...unkempt. I figured I could get away with buzzing his head for summer, so I went after him with the clippers. Anyone who happened to be in the vicinity of our backyard during this process probably thought he was being scalped based on the noises he was making -- but I think he's over it now.

On our way back from Park City, we stopped at Ensign Peak so I could do a bit of investigating for an upcoming youth activity. The kids "hiked" to Vista Mound (is that what it was called?) to check out the view (the original idea was to hike to the top of Ensign Peak as a family -- but it wasn't long before we realized that there was NO WAY we'd be able to get the kids to the top. Logan ended up going to a nearby park with the kids while I continued on).

So there's the update! And now for the admission. I think I would be a better blogger if I didn't feel like I had to chronicle every event that takes place in our family. If I didn't feel like I had to document, in photographs, each milestone or item of significance, I think I would be more consistent. Really, I think it's the photos that get me. Part of it is that I take so many in the first place. There's an awful lot of sifting, sorting, editing, re-formatting and uploading to be done before they're blog-ready -- and that's before I've even begun to write! By doing this, I feel that I'm missing out on recording the mostly-mundane-but-occasionally-mildly-amusing happenings of my family's everyday life. So in the future, you can expect fewer photos and shorter (and hopefully more frequent) entries -- and I can expect less guilt and...well, I'll just settle for less guilt. :)
Comments
International Bowling Distress Signal = Priceless
By the way, I wanted to do a little post on the Staycation entitled "A Good Time (and a Bad Hair Day) Was Had By All" (believe me, you weren't the only one!), but I decided to honor my promise to you that I wouldn't blog the photo evidence. Suffice it to say, in looking back through the pictures I noticed striking similarities between a pre-buzz Benson and you.
So is everything finalized with your new place? I can't wait to see it!