The World's Most Random Post
Ah, the State Fair. It was the first time I'd ever attended (same with Lily, and probably this goat, too).
Amanda's first day olf pre-school (or joy school, or whatever you want to call it). I've already had the opportunity to teach twice. I think I'm getting more of an education than any of the kids...
More fun at the State Fair. Lily was ver persistent about riding on the carousel, but before the music and the spinning stopped, this pony had lost its appeal. Lily opted for her Daddy's arms.
Amanda insisted on a pony ride and ended up with Thunder, the powerful stallion pictured above. She loved every one of the two minutes they shared together...
"Little Hands on the Farm" was an exhibit at the fair for children, and it was really cute. Each child had to don an apron and carry a bucket to different stations where they participated in various farm chores (like brushing the wool on a sheep, as seen here).
Amanda milks a plastic cow. Now that's a trick.
Lily and Amanda with the fruits of their labors. Each child was able to exchange the contents of his/her basket for a prize in a "store" at the end. Both girls opted for a package of fruit snacks (since they're pretty much considered contraband in our home, the girls had to get while the gettin' was good).
While on vacation in Park City, we went bowling for the first time as a family. Amanda and Lily loved it -- especially since they got to wear special bowling shoes.
To be honest, Lily's favorite part of bowling was waiting for her ball to magically appear from nowhere (a.k.a. the ball return). Seriously, once she rolled the ball down the lane, she didn't even wait to see if it hit any pins. She just ran straight back to the ball return!
These are Amanda's "ties." Amanda used to have a big fluffy tied quilt that she insisted on sleeping with every night so she could play with the yarn ties as she drifted off to sleep. I made a smaller version that was easier to transport and to wash. She loved it just about to death, so I made her a new one (and Lily, too). Here are the old ties...
...and here are the new ones! Lily's look just the same, except the back and binding on hers are pink, not yellow. My mom made a tied blanket for me when I was a baby, and I still have it. I sometimes wonder what was going on in our house the day she made it. These ties were made amidst a big mess in my family room (sewing machine out, cutting mat, batting all over the place, Lily trying to eat the pins, etc.). I must say, it was no small feat to get them done, considering all the distractions.
I'm always going to remember that when this picture was taken, the kids were looking at their Daddy.
The title says it all!
I must say that it doesn't get much sweeter than this...
Grammy and Papa joined us for the first evening of our Park City vacation. We enjoyed pizza and the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympics. The kids all got new "Park City Jammies" in honor of our vacation. As you can see, a good time was had by all!
This is why we have a garden! Delicious fresh produce and wonderful time together. I don't think it really gets much better than that.
The sight that met my eyes after Amanda had been "playing" with her blocks. Some kids get their Daddy's smile...and others get their Daddy's OCD.
Amanda and Lily making their own quiches for dinner one night.
The finished product! Not too shabby, eh? Of course, anything that's comprised of butter, eggs, bacon and cheese can't be too bad...
This lovely little gem was one that I stumbled upon while surfing KSL Classifieds. The hardware was located a bit oddly, but I was dying to try antiquing a piece of furniture. So this is the before...
And this is the after! I must say that I'm very pleased with the end result (and also pleased to have all my table linens in one place, rather than hidden in little caches around the house). Now that I know how to do the antiquing process, I'm going to do it to my bathroom cabinets (eventually).
So there you have it. I hope I won't go such a dreadfully long time between posts again, but I'm certainly not making any promises. If there is a bit of a dry spell, you can look back fondly on the time I posted a billion non-related photos.



Comments
Nicely done, random poster.
I'm not allowed to look at KSL right now (it's a self-imposed restriction). Or ebay.
jenn
Your family is beautfiul. Great pictures of the fair. So weird to see you guys there just as you were leaving and we were arriving. small world.
What a beautiful family!
What a beautiful dresser as well!
My roommate and I are here looking over and 'awwing' at your blog!! You are dear and we think you and your family are beautiful. We hope to have a family as darling one day.
Love you.
How did you antique that furniture, it's beautiful. I'm impressed!
Hope things are going well.
-Emily Hamilton (Ashton)
Love you!
I hung out with Jana a few weeks ago, now that she is back in Utah. We were saying that it is about time for on of our Bailey, Toone, George get togethers. Let's do it soon!