I'm Not Dead, Okay?

Oh, my heck. I can't believe that it's been nearly a MONTH since I last posted! Horrible, horrible, horrible -- I know! I had such hopes that this blog would not follow the same pattern as my journal (long periods of neglect followed by periodic marathon entries), but considering their common author...well, you get what you get, I guess.

Anyway, this isn't really even a real post. This is just to give a little explanation. Logan and I decided that our lives needed a little more structure in order for us to accomplish all of the most important things. We gave ourselves a curfew (it's 10:30 p.m., so I'm obviously breaking it tonight) and set up a schedule for scripture study, chores, bedtime, etc. Its been very good -- in most ways. I do laundry on Mondays and Wednesdays; cooking, sewing and household/craft projects on Tuesdays; housecleaning on Thursdays; catch-up and errand running/shopping on Fridays. However, this is all amidst church callings, Logan's work schedule (which has been more than a little crazy with the beginning of the school year), family events, and regular day-to-day things (dishwashing, CONSTANTLY bathing, feeding, reading to or cleaning up after the kids, etc.). Where is blogging on the schedule, I ask you? Oh, nowhere, you say? THAT'S RIGHT! So there's my pitiful excuse for neglecting the blog. I have about a million pictures saved up, and I'll probably just throw them all on here in one very random post...but that's better than utter silence, right? Oh, I don't know. I'm not sure why it feels so difficult lately to get everything done. Somehow I feel that I'm never 100% on top of anything. Am I the only one who feels this way? Even with the new schedule, each days' activities seem to bleed into the next, and I am never, NEVER done! I still hold out hope that one day, I'm going to get there...but I'm beginning to think that day isn't going to come until all the children are in their mid-30's. I'll let you know in 2038 what it's like to have my life under control...

Comments

Bethany said…
It sounds like you are actually way ahead of the game. I have so much wasted time in my day that I have NO time to do those things that are actually worthwhile. Once again, I wish I could be more like you. Keep us updated on how things are going.
Becky said…
I'm so glad to hear that you are alive. It's great you have a schedule though- maybe I need to make one so I can get all my things done instead of sitting at the computer all day.
p.s. we sold our condo!!
Mandy + Aubrey said…
Welcome back to the land of the living! I was seriously considering sending someone to your house to check for strange odors...
It seems to me that schedules are made just begging to be broken, but at least they give us some feeling of control over our lives. I usually have more fun making schedules than following them!
Kara...thanks for your post. It made me laugh and I could totally relate. I don't think at this point in our lives (raising our young kids) that everything is supposed to get done. I keep reminding myself that there is a season for everything. And the season now is kids and family. Don't worry about the rest. You are doing an awesome job!!
Sarah Garner said…
I think at this point in your life the object of the game is to stay afloat, and you seem to be doing that very well!

There will be plenty of time to catch up on laundry in 2038, so I say... let it go and post a picture of that cute new refinishing project you've been promising! :)
Anonymous said…
2038!?!? I'm not sure I understand. Your kids are way too cute to be done with three! Katie reminded me that it will be a long time befor all my kids are in school, as she is home all afternoon watching her baby take a nice three hour nap. Enjoy the moment, for they are only moments. (repeat as often as needed)
Honestly, if you could completely empty your life of everything, and then fill it a little at a time with whatever you choose, wouldn't it be just the way it is? Congratulations on having your truly deepest wishes come true! We are so lucky to have such filled, and fulfilled, lives. Control is lonely and overrated. I've been hoping to reorganize my time...you're schedule is a great idea! But how do you only cook on Tuesdays?! You are amazing!
Sara said…
I've been feeling exactly the same way. Scott has just started his Masters so our lives are begging for more order. I like your schedule. Perhaps I should consider that curfew thing...
I'm always reminding myself that it's not a race.
Good to hear from you.
Anjuli said…
I feel the same way!! It sure has been a while since I have posted!! Chores, Chores, Chores, those silly things!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began