Stuff You Were All DYING to Know...

I've been tagged by my cousin-in-law Kate. I encourage everyone who reads this to do it, too -- but I'm specifically encouraging Logan to do it. Okay, here it goes: "37 Odd Things About Me."

1. Do you like blue cheese? Mmmmm, cheese. I heart my frommage in pretty much any variety. I like blue cheese (and yellow cheese, and white cheese, and orange cheese)...
2. Have you ever smoked? Nope.
3. Do you own a gun? Absolutely not (as a child, I remember being extremely uncomfortable/afraid whenever I would catch a glimpse of an old BB gun of my dad's in the back corner of the closet underneath our stairs). Me no likey guns.
4. What flavor Kool-Aid was your favorite? Some kids go through their first years with a Kool-Aid mustache tattooed on their upper lip. I was not one of those kids. I think the same three packages of Kool-Aid were nestled among the onion soup mixes and unused Top Ramen seasonings in the spice cupboard for the entire 18 years my parents lived in the Centerville house. We weren't Kool-Aid drinkers -- except foar a brief stint one summer when we kids had a snow cone stand in our front yard and used Kool-Aid for the flavoring. That summer, my favorite flavor was Pink Swimmingo.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? That depends entirely upon which doctor it is and what the visit is for. Visit to the family doctor for a sinus infection? No nerves. First trip to the girly doctor? Um, ya....
6. What do you think of hot dogs? It's always a surprise to those who know me well (and Know that I'm something of a food snob) that I LOVE hot dogs. Just a little tip for you fellow hot dog lovers: though they don't provide the best frankfurters, Maverik (yes, the gas station) has what I would term an EXCELLENT condiment station to dress your dog up in style.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I don't know if you could really call this a Christmas movie, but it was the birthplace of my favorite pop Christmas song (yes, I have to separate my Christmas favorites by genre), "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." That would be Meet Me In St. Louis.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? My favorite beverage is milk, but I don't like to drink it by itself. I usually have yogurt in the morning -- sans beverage.
9. Can you do push ups? Not gonna lie to ya -- I haven't attempted a push-up in many years. However, I was the proud recipient of a Viewmont High School Personal Best t-shirt (I'm not going to explain the significance of that to the entire blogosphere, but all you Vikings out there know just how incredibly awesome that makes me).
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Does my wedding set count? I like sparklies. A lot. If I don't count my wedding set, I suppose I'd have to say the pearl pendant that Logan gave me for Valentine's Day the first year we were married.
11. Favorite hobby? That's hard. I think I can give my top five (in no particular order): photography, decorating, baking, dining out...did I say five?
12. Do you have ADD? Sometimes I have to wonder. To see the way I clean the house or pack for a vacation, you'd think I did.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? I wear one contact lens in my right eye. The vision in my left eye is bad, but not as bad as the vision in my right eye. However, my right eye responds to correction; my left eye does not. I have a degenerative disease of the cornea in my left eye. I'm told that my corneas will one day deteriorate to the point that I will require a cornea transplant. I hope you're all organ donors.
14. Middle name? Lynn.
15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment. Park City has a nice climate. Once the leftover Capri Suns from girls camp are gone, I will not buy more because Lily is a Capri Sun fiend. I hope I can survive the rest of this vacation with the kids and that it will be a happy memory for all of us.
16. Name three drinks you regularly drink. Milk, water...those are really the only things I drink regularly.
17. Current worry? My food storage isn't anywhere near where it needs to be. If there were some sort of disaster...well, coming to my house wouldn't help you.
18. Current hate right now? Ants and wasps. They want to live on my property. I don't want them to live on my property.
19. Favorite place to be? Seriously? Geez. I love to be up late at night with Florence (yes, I named my laptop Florence). I love to have "slumber parties" with Logan (when we stay up late and sit in bed eating ice cream right out of the carton). I love to be in my backyard eating raspberries right off the bush. I LOVE TO BE AT D.I.
20. How did you bring in the New Year? If I recall correctly, we hung out with a couple of Logan's brothers and their wives. Whoopee.
21. Where would you like to go? Europe, the Atlantic coast, Hawaii...and lots of other places.
22. Name three people who will complete this. Becky, Lisa, Logan.
23. Do you own slippers? Yeah, though I typically go barefoot around the house (and lots of other places). For a person with as many pairs of shoes as I have, I sure do spend a lot of time barefoot.
24. What shirt are you wearing? "Of Valiant Heart -- Camp Cobblecreek 2007." Long live girls camp!
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don't think I've ever slept on them. Logan has mentioned that he thinks they would be great, at which point I ridicule him and tell him that maybe we could get a giant martini glass hot tub to go with them.
26. Can you whistle? Uh-huh. But I can't whistle like my dad -- the kind of whistle that always reminds me of my childhood (it was typically used to help me find him in a crowd at the ballpark, or to call our dog Suki).
27. Favorite color? Deep, deep red. It's all over the place in my house.
28. Would you be a pirate? No. I'm a rule-keeper, not a rule-breaker. Pirates are notorious rule-breakers.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Typically broadway showtunes, but sometimes hymns or anything that happens to be stuck in my head that day.
30. Favorite girl’s name? I love the name Ruby. Too bad it sounds ridiculous with 'Toone' (and Logan hates it).
31. Favorite boy’s name? I really do love the name Benson, so it was convenient that we had a boy and that Logan actually likes that name, too. But I have always loved the name Shadrach -- and I endure ridicule whenever I tell anyone that, so please don't throw things at me.
32. What’s in your pocket right now? My cheetah pants don't have pockets.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Benson just passed gas, and then got a big sloppy grin on his face, like he was super pleased with himself. Wow, am I a mom or what?
34. What vehicle do you drive? A 2001 Toyota Camry (a.k.a. the carseat sardine can).
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Does childbirth count? My mode of delivery is to have the babies cut out rather than push them out, but doing this three times in three years has rendered me unable to sit up in bed without assistance. If that's not an injury, I don't know what is.
36. Do you love where you live? Yes and no. Logan and I still dream of the day when we can live in south Davis County (Centerville or Bountiful). It's not that we dislike Clearfield; I think we just love where we grew up. We do love our house and our neighbors.
37. How many televisions do you have in your house? Three: one in the family room, one in the kitchen, and one that sits unplugged in our closet.

Comments

B Flat Major said…
Maybe I'll secretly sneak a lone box of Capri Suns into your pantry every so often. That way Fiend Lily will never run out.

And I take exception to your blase report of our New Year's Party. We were rockin'...for an old married people shindig. Don't you remember drinking the Near-Wine? But admit it: you didn't want anything more exciting than that.
Becky said…
I will definately have to post this one sometime. I've never seen those questions before. By the way, you won my give-away, but you have to come claim your prize! There's a time limit!!! :)
Mandy + Aubrey said…
Kara, you crack me up. I can always count on you for a laugh. So, I think we may be able to figure out a way to get you to Hawaii....or at least a place to stay once you get there! There's always our couch, after all--maybe even an airbed, if you're real lucky!
Lisa said…
I came to your blog through Lisa Heatons (just messing around on the Internet like you do) and reading through I wanted to drop a line. well first to say hello but also because I think we have the same eye disease (keraticonis but I can't spell it). I'm wondering if you manage no correction at all on the one (bad) eye? I have glasses still but am close to not being able to see well enough to drive and contacts never worked so last visit to eye doc he said transplant on the one eye within a year. scary. but then there's a new alternative called Intacs so I'm hoping those become more popular before I need the surgery.
Kara said…
Yup, it's the same disease. The vision in my left eye (the "bad" eye) is about 20/40, if I remember correctly -- which is right on the brink on legal blindness. I do manage to pass the vision test for my drivers license, though I must admit that it makes me VERY uncomfortable to drive at night on roads I'm not familiar with. I hadn't heard about the new alternative to transplant surgery; I'll have to look into that. The progression of the disease has been very slow for me, so a transplant wouldn't be for a long time. I've researched what it entails, however, and it doesn't sound pleasant...
Alice said…
Kara (and Lisa)- My MIL had kerati-whatever. She had cornea transplants in both eyes (not at the same time) and is just fine, some 20 years later.

My Mister has to get his eyes checked regularly, because it's genetic I guess? So far he doesn't have a problem.

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began