It Is Finished!

I know I’ve mentioned several times that we’ve undertaken a big project in our front yard. It’s been done for quite awhile now, but I’m just getting around to blogging about it. Everything we planted (with the exception of some of the herbs and the potted annuals on the porch) is perennials, so it will be pretty low-maintenance. I’m excited for it to fill in over the next couple of years! I’m glad we were able to do the front yard all at once. The backyard will be a different story; it’s going to take years for it to become what I envision…

By day...

...and by night!

The approach. At the time this picture was taken, the roses were in bloom, but nothing else was. Now the roses have slowed down a little, but everything else is blooming! The herbs! I love fresh herbs in the summer. They're great to cook with, and they smell so nice as you approach the front porch. I think they look pretty, too! Logan piped sprinkler heads into each of these planters so the herbs are sure to get water (plants that depend on me for water die very thirsty deaths). Thanks, honey!



The porch is much more welcoming now than it used to be.

This is the arbor on the gate that leads into the back yard.









Comments

Kristin said…
It looks beautiful, Bruce! I am VERY impressed! I'll have to come and see it in person sometime. :) Have a great time this week...girls' camp, right?
Sarah Garner said…
Looks great! It puts me to shame thats for sure!
Becky said…
That is gorgeous! You do an amazing job! Maybe you can come help me out when we finally get our house-which by the way might be really soon. Our next door neighbor wants to buy our condo! I'll talk to you later about it!
Anonymous said…
We went on a walk last night and we commenting on how great your yard looks! So pretty!
Steph said…
Wow it looks so good! you just have it all together, I need to take lessons. You're amazing!
Kristi said…
very cute, I love it, I love flowers, I have overgrown my apartment with flowers and vegetables, because everytime I go to Home Depot I want more. No home, but I still am addicted to home depot.
Lisa said…
It looks nice in these pictures, but I have to tell everyone it looked even better when I saw it yesterday. Everything has grown a lot and is in bloom, and it looks just beautiful!
Sarah said…
OOOOH SO PRETTY!!
SOOO CUTE! Kara, you are so talented and when I'm older I want to be like you...oh wait, I am older...DARN IT! Seriously, you are amazing and your kids are absolutely DARLING! I'm so glad we can keep in touch!
Bethany said…
It's beautiful! You both must have worked so hard! Congratulations. Now I hope you spend some time on that porch relaxing.
Kara - I love it! Wanna do mine? Everything is so well put together. Your home is just lovely. - Jen
Becky said…
I have a surprise for you on my blog. Come check it out.
Unknown said…
Wow! How gogous! It is so nice to see your hard work pay off!

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began