Girl's Camp

Kara is up at Stake Young Women's Camp this week which means that I get to be a stay-at-home dad ... Yea! I love being able to spend time with the kids and doing fun stuff with them. It's a nice break from the routine of going to work.

Since Kara left, I have gone to great lengths to maintain my position as the favorite parent, and it seems to be working very well. Already, we have stayed up way past bed time every night, eaten kids meals at Burger King, had pancakes or cheese things (what we call quesadillas) for almost every other meal, watched more than one movie per day (Kara only lets them watch one), and gone outside whenever (and for however long) we wanted ... without sunscreen. It's been great!

Tomorrow we are going to go to Krispy Kreme and will do some kiddie-pooling. I'll probably try to get around to folding laundry too. One thing that I didn't realize is that Benson throws up or poops on something about every hour and a half. It makes for lots of clothes/bedding changes in a day.

Since Kara is at camp, I told the girls that they could have a little girl's camp too. So we borrowed my mom's little pup-tent, set it up in the family room, and they have been "camping" down there all week. They love it! ... Here's a picture I took a few minutes ago.

Comments

Cheyla Mills said…
This is exactly how it is at our house. I spend years giving the children needed guidelines so they can grow into the strong adults we envision them to be and then Brett comes in for a few hours and throws out all the rules. For my efforts I am yelled at and told frequently how mean I am and Brett gets to be the kids best friend! Doesn't seem quite fair does it?
(No really I think it is great to have a husband who loves my children and is involved with them so much and I am sure Kara appreciates all you are doing as well! Well, maybe not the absence of sunscreen - to much sun does cause cancer you know:)).
Becky said…
What a fun dad! I bet the girls are having a blast with you.
Lisa said…
Hahaha -- Logan, you're certainly doing your part to maintain an important part of the matriarchal/patriarchal order of our family: Mom is "mean" (because she has rules that are for our own good), and Dad is "nice" (because he lets us eat yummy things and camp in our basement). Yay!

I'm glad you and your little mice are having fun while the cat's away. (But I'm sure everyone will be happy when she returns on Friday.)
Ryan and Jenica said…
Logan, Kara just might "ultimate veto" this idea when she gets home. It's cute though! I was wondering if you'd ask Kara for some of the freezer meal recipes that she has. I believe she use to make some (not sure if she still does or not). Please let me know.

Have a fun few more days being home with the kidlets!
katie said…
When Mama's away the kids shall play (yes that means you to dad). We were up at girls camp ourselves and we just love your wife! We also heard something about you Mr. Toone! We are suppose to ask you about Temples and pants. This did not come from your wife but other sources. You know we cannot reveal those sources due to the rule of what is said at girls camp stays at girls camp. Be prepared to tell the story when we see you next!
katester said…
Do all you want Logan but moms are the best! lol. just kidding. I am sure the kids are loving spending time with their daddy. have fun!
Steph said…
How fun is that! Dads are great. Geoff did a good job of throwing out all the rules while I was gone too! Kara you did awesome camp was great!
Anonymous said…
Too cute!

Ryan and I are sorry we couldn't make it down the other week. It seems like the timing is always just off!

While I'm at it... I'm going to tag youse guys to do the 37 Things meme. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began