Tag!

Did you know that in the five or so months since I started this blog, I have not been officially tagged until today? It's a big moment for me! : ) Becky tagged me, so here goes nothin'. The instructions are to take the following photos exactly as they are at this moment. No cheating! I guess I'll be showing my true colors...
#1 Post a picture of the kitchen sink

(In case you're wondering about all the sippy cups, my sister-in-law's kids were over this morning and they had snacks while watching a movie.)

#2 Post a picture of your toilet




Oh, geez. Logan and I were just saying the other day that our bathroom is in need of a major overhaul. Little did I know that I would be asked to post pictures of it just days after this conversation.

#3 Post a picture of your laundry room




As you can see, I am once again procrastinating folding the laundry. Sigh.
#4 Post a picture of the inside of your fridge


Exciting, huh?

#5 What your hubby/kids are doing right now

Logan's at work, so I assume he's...working. : )
Here is Lily climbing her high chair -- one of her current favorite pastimes. As you can see, she has once again removed the bow from her hair and hidden it from me.


Here is Amanda, who I found downstairs dancing for no apparent reason.




#6 Favorite shoes


What?! That's like asking me to choose a favorite child. Of all the shoes you see above, the majority are mine (46 pairs, to be exact). I LOVE SHOES! So I can't really pick a favorite, but I can narrow it down a little. I love these 5-inch peep-toe pumps:




And these red frou-frou ones (when I bought them, Logan said they looked like underwear. I inquired whose underwear he was referring to, since my underwear sure as heck doesn't look anything like these shoes):




And the ones I wear most often:




#7 Favorite room

Two favorites -- an indoor and an outdoor. The favorite indoor room is the dining room:


And the favorite outdoor room is the front porch:



What do they have in common? They are seldom played in and RARELY have to be cleaned up. That why they're my favorite!

#8 Your closet


I'm happy to report that we're in the process of moving Benson out of our room, so his clothes will soon hang in his own closet instead of in mine. Yippee!
#9 Your dream vacation


?

I guess I haven't thought about this a lot. Logan and I have decided that we could go just about anywhere together and it would feel like a vacation.


# 10 Self portrait as you look right now


Yup, that's right. Hair's not done, makeup's not on -- and guess who doesn't care? ME! I don't apologize for the fact that I didn't get all gussied up on a Thursday afternoon on the off-chance that someone was going to instruct me to take a self portrait. It's not like I'm trying to get asked to the prom or anything.

Okay, I tag Susanna, Brenda, Mikkel, Bethany and my sister Lisa!

Comments

What a fun tag!!! I haven't seen that one before. If I have to do what you just did right now I would proably cheat or just not do it all together. FUN FUN FUN
Lisa said…
Whew! I'm in the clear on this one, because I don't have a camera! Good thing, because my toilet is frightening right now.

However, I will do the descriptions (honestly) on my blog.
Becky said…
Thanks for being a good sport- all your pictures were great! I love the one of Amanda dancing.
Anonymous said…
Amen to the comment about Lily's bow. I was there for One Hour today and I think she took it out 5 times. If only we could count on that being her only troublesome behavior, then you would be the luckiest mom in the world! Thanks for the tag, it's my first too!
Kristi said…
That was great, the true side of us that most don't ever see. So great. I love looking at your blog.
Steph said…
That is a fun tag! Your blog is darling, if only we could all look as good as you without hair and makeup done! You look great! Guess one of the good thing about boys is...no hair bows to take out! :)
Your red underwear shoes are my favorite :)
Anjuli said…
Ok FOR SURE the red shoes are my fav!!
Brooke said…
That was a fun read! I can't believe what an amazing housekeeper you are! I'd be afraid of anyone seeing what my kitchen sink looked like right now! I love your dining/outdoor rooms! Beautiful!
Becky said…
Hey Kara,
We had so much fun on Friday! Let's do it again soon.
p.s. did I leave Amelia's swim suit there? I can't find it! Let me know, thanks!
Mikkel said…
Thank you so much for the fun tag! Hehe that is a funny one. So all I can say is that you make me JEALOUS. You have got it together girl. Your house looks AWESOME. In and out. AND you are a great mom. AND wife. And your pictures look so great. I love the strawberry fields, and, well all of them! I can't seem to figure my photoshop out. I wish I lived near by, I would be over begging for assistance!

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began