Full name: Logan Thomas Toone
Age: 28
Occupation: Secondary Math Curriculum Supervisor, Student, Husband/Father Extraordinaire
Hobbies/Interests: Working on cars, watching movies, eating out, hanging out with family, gardening, figuring stuff out (i.e., "The basement needs to be finished. I've never done framing, drywall, electrical work, plumbing or carpeting -- but I think I'll just do it myself.")
Likes: seafood, sudoku puzzles, his Blackberry, going back to bed after eating a pancake breakfast, rock and roll, BYU football, road trips, getting his hair cut
Dislikes: homework, radishes, driving to USU three days a week, hospitals, stuff that's broken, messy houses, when his sock is wrinkled inside his shoe, "social adventures" (his term for when I take him somewhere that he'll be expected to, you know, talk to people)
What people always say about him: People always comment on what a hard worker Logan is -- and they're right! They also say that he's smart, dependable, helpful and slightly OCD.
What I love about him: Where to start! Logan is seriously the perfect husband. Case in point: We had an open house at our place after Benson's baby blessing yesterday. After it was all done, Logan had to go do his home teaching; I stayed home with the kids. Even though the house was a giant mess from the crowd, I fell asleep. When I woke up (like, two hours later), he had come home and cleaned everything to perfection -- food put away, dishes washed, furniture put back into place, floors vacuumed. Everything! And it's not at all unusual for him to do stuff like that; it's just the way he is. He's the type who will bring home some little treat (or "prizes," as he calls them) for me or the kids; he's the type who will get up with the baby in the night, even though he has to be up at 6:30 and I can sleep as late as I want; he's the type who will opt to wake up early to do his homework so he doesn't have to do it in the evening and can spend that time with me. The list goes on and on and on! I have THE BIGGEST crush on him.
Kara
Full name: Kara Lynn Baker Toone
Age: 26
Occupation: Stay-at-home wife and mom, aspiring grown-up
Hobbies/Interests: taking photographs, making stuff out of butter (not like sculptures and stuff; more like pastries), being a food snob, sleeping, watching movies
Likes: public television, fine cheeses, high heels, candy, spending time with family, staying in touch with friends, back massages
Dislikes: anything that ever lived in the water (to eat, that is; I don't have a general dislike for sea creatures), waking up three minutes before the alarm goes off, people who stand over my shoulder and "help" me play solitaire
What people say about me: I guess I don't really know what people say about me when I'm not there, but I imagine that most people would say that I sometimes use big words and that I talk a lot. Also, people often comment that I have small ears. (?)
Full name: Amanda Marilyn Toone
Age: 3
Occupation: Assistant to the Queen (that would be me)
Hobbies/Interests: Jumping on mom's bed, writing her name, riding her bike, getting the mail, helping mom
Likes: quiche, Disney's "Cars," dress-ups, her ties (a small version of a tied quilt that she puts on her pillow when she sleeps), the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, bed parties (when we sit on my bed and talk about our favorite things)
Dislikes: any vegetable that isn't broccoli or raw carrots, swinging too high, having things taken away when she doesn't mind, coming inside after playing outside
What people say about her: People always comment that Amanda is smart and speaks very clearly for her age. They also say that she seems older than she actually is, despite being on the small side.
What I love about her: Amanda is my little companion; I can really talk to her. She is such a good helper with her younger sibings and doesn't seem to mind the extra responsibilities that come with being the oldest child. She has funny mannerisms that always make me laugh. I am always amazed at her memory -- she recalls details and situations that I have long forgotten.
Lily
Full name: Lily Kristin Toone
Age: 1
Occupation: Human tornado
Hobbies/Interests: reading books, bossing Charlie (our dog) around, engaging in high-pitched screaming matches with her sister, taking all the pillows off the chairs and couches throughout the house
Likes: food, shoes, the book Five Little Ladybugs, buckles, dolls, her Glo-E Bear
Dislikes: being told ‘no,’ wearing a dirty diaper for even one minute, closed doors, keeping her hair bows in place
What people say about her: People always comment on how beautiful Lily’s eyes are. They also say how much they love her roly-poly build. People always tell us that Lily knows exactly what she wants and where she’s going.
What I love about her: Lily’s attitude can be difficult to take sometimes, but honestly, I wouldn’t have her any other way. She is headstrong and driven; she often does get just what she wants from us! However, she can also be very tender-hearted and really does have compassion. She doesn’t want anyone to be unhappy (especially not herself!).
Benson
Full name: Benson Clark Toone
Age: 6 weeks today!
Occupation: Outgrowing all the other 6-week-old babies we know
Hobbies/Interests: Napping with mom on her bed, being cute
Likes: warm bottles, being held, rocking in the swing
Dislikes: diaper changes, getting out of the bathtub, tummy time
What people say about him: We always hear about how big Benson is. We also hear about how sweet and good-natured he is. People also frequently ask, “Is that him being so noisy?” He is the noisiest, snortiest, wheeziest little person in the world – eating, sleeping or just sitting around.
What I love about him: Benson really is such an easy baby. He seems very laid back and doesn’t typically demand anything from anyone. It’s more of a “I’m-pretty-hungry-here-and-I’ve-just-had-a-diaper-blowout-but-don’t-let-me-trouble-you” sort of attitude. We’ll have to see if this lasts. I remember saying very similar things about Lily…
Comments