The Human Tornado


Remember a few posts back when I introduced our family and described Lily's occupation as "Human Tornado?" Well, today that title fit. Take a look at my little sweetheart here. What the heck is that on her face? That was the question I asked when I first caught a glance of her. The answer wasn't far away; the case of watercolor paints in her chubby little fist outed her. I guess they just looked so delicious, she couldn't resist. Not long after she decided to sample the paint, she decided to give one of my chairs a kiss. Thank goodness this stuff is washable. (It was the second case of vandalism for this particular chair; it was recently the canvas for some of Lily's "artwork." Her medium? Blue pen.) Anyway, I cleaned her up and served lunch to her and Amanda. I don't know why I didn't just leave the paint on; I could have saved the paper towels and the time it took me to wipe her down, because it wasn't long before she looked like this:



My favorite part of this photo is her bottom lip holding the bowl in her mouth. It cracks me up every time I look at it! As you can see, Lily enjoys mealtime. A lot. I gave up on regular bibs and resorted to just throwing an old t-shirt on her. No bib can stand up to what she dishes out (literally). I still need to post the video of Lily being offered a banana. The way she reacts, you'd think she won the lottery or something.

Anyway, the end result was this. Sigh. I cleaned her up again (I was tempted to bust out Logan's pressure washer for this one) and put her down for her nap. As I walked around the house, I could see more and more evidence of Lily's presence:





If you look closely on this one, you can see that the baby in purple has watercolor paint on her clothes. I can only conclude that Lily got a little anxious for lunch and attempted to eat this baby. It's hard to say if it was the flavor or the texture that turned her off to it. Whatever it was, I think this baby was very grateful; when I picked her up to put her away, she said, "I love you."

Still, how can you help but love this little person? She's a firecracker (and a messy one at that), but that's better than having no personality at all. Heaven help us when she's thirteen.

Comments

Becky said…
Those pictures are adorable! Amelia's just about the same way only it takes about all I have to get her to eat anything.
Lily is such a cutie!
Unknown said…
Aren't they just precious! It is the pictures we take that give us cause to sit back and giggle because in the heat of the moment it is often hard! They are so cute! What a joy!
Darbee said…
What a cutie! I'm glad that other children are little messes, too, just like mine! I LOVE it!
Lisa said…
I can't tell you how much this kid cracks me up! Please post the banana video for all to enjoy.
Hey Kara,
I saw your post on Katie's blog and I just had to say thank you so much for giving Mason some goldfish at the play. That was so nice of you. We didn't get a real chance to talk but it was good to see you guys.

Misty (ourtuckerlife.blogspot.com)
Tyler Clawson said…
I love you blogs Kara, they are such a good laugh. Lily is quite the little cute tornado ;)
Anjuli said…
Hey Kara your family is so cute, here is my blog address, rosevearjam@blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began