Quickie
You may be wondering about the strange mismatched header on the blog today. I started putting together a more spring-like motif, but halfway through, Blogger informed me that it couldn't complete my request. Bummer! Actually, the new look is sort of representative of the weather we have going on right now: starting to look like spring, but not completely leaving winter behind just yet.
Logan and I go to New Orleans tomorrow morning! I think I really will miss the kids, but I'm a firm believer that parents have to take care of their relationship before they can really be good for their children. I hear a lot of people say, "There is nothing more important to me than my children. My children always come first." Well, maybe some people will think I'm a bad mom, but I totally disagree with those statements. There is no Toone family without Logan and Kara; it started with us. WE COME FIRST! Missing the kids while on a little trip is not the same as having guilt about leaving them. I have no guilt about leaving them! I do have some guilt about saddling my mother with them for three days...but I will probably get over that. : )
We getting ever closer to the end of the semester. I can't express what a huge relief this will be for our family! It's not like we're crumbling under the weight of Logan's schooling (well, maybe he is); it's just that when it's 7:00 on a Wednesday night, I want to be the family whose husband/father has already been home for two hours instead of the one whose husband/father won't be home for another two hours.
Just a sidenote: Logan's younger sister is the lead in Viewmont High School's production of "Thoroughly Modern Millie," which plays through the end of this week. Logan and I went to see it over the weekend, and it is a really great show! And I'm not just saying that because his sister's in it (I was in Viewmont musicals that weren't as good as this one is). If you have a chance to go see it, I highly recommend it!
Well, we'll be back on Saturday with tales from the south. I'll be taking some photos with my new camera, so watch for those!
Logan and I go to New Orleans tomorrow morning! I think I really will miss the kids, but I'm a firm believer that parents have to take care of their relationship before they can really be good for their children. I hear a lot of people say, "There is nothing more important to me than my children. My children always come first." Well, maybe some people will think I'm a bad mom, but I totally disagree with those statements. There is no Toone family without Logan and Kara; it started with us. WE COME FIRST! Missing the kids while on a little trip is not the same as having guilt about leaving them. I have no guilt about leaving them! I do have some guilt about saddling my mother with them for three days...but I will probably get over that. : )
We getting ever closer to the end of the semester. I can't express what a huge relief this will be for our family! It's not like we're crumbling under the weight of Logan's schooling (well, maybe he is); it's just that when it's 7:00 on a Wednesday night, I want to be the family whose husband/father has already been home for two hours instead of the one whose husband/father won't be home for another two hours.
Just a sidenote: Logan's younger sister is the lead in Viewmont High School's production of "Thoroughly Modern Millie," which plays through the end of this week. Logan and I went to see it over the weekend, and it is a really great show! And I'm not just saying that because his sister's in it (I was in Viewmont musicals that weren't as good as this one is). If you have a chance to go see it, I highly recommend it!
Well, we'll be back on Saturday with tales from the south. I'll be taking some photos with my new camera, so watch for those!
Comments