New Orleans Architecture

I really love the look of the architecture in New Orleans. It always kind of boggles my mind that at the time pioneers were rolling into the Salt Lake Valley, the window pictured at left had already been in existence for 34 years! Considering that European explorers were settling along the Mississippi in the 1500s, this window is actually pretty new...
This is very characteristic of the French Quarter; all the streets look a lot like this one. The yellow building is actually one of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants (Nola).
My favorite thing about the French Quarter is the courtyards and patios. You never know what beautiful oasis is hiding behind what appears to be a crumbling building! If I had a little place like this, I'd spend my whole life sitting in the shade listening to the water from the fountain.

Comments

Hey! Thanks for the fill-in-the-episode on my SBTB post! I totally remember that now!

And take a look at my old blog anytime...and I will be returning the favor!
Unknown said…
Wow it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! It is so much fun to have a trip just the two of you!
Tyler Clawson said…
Blogging looks like fun, and you keep up on it well! Like hte song you got now. I might have to try that New Orleans restaurant up by your place.

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began