He's Here!

Benson Clark Toone has made his grand entrance! I would have posted sooner than this, but the internet connection at the hospital was rather choosey about which sites it would link to and which it would not. Apparently my blog didn't make the cut; I could view it, but I couldn't sign in to make a posting. Anyway, here are the details:

We went to the hospital Tuesday morning at 6:00 a.m. We got admitted and got me hooked up to all the monitors and stuff. After all the routine questions and paperwork, I was wheeled into the OR. I received an epidural, and the nurses started prepping me for surgery. The doctors and Logan came in a few minutes later, and just a few minutes after that (at 7:47 a.m.), Benson was born! When they held him up for me to see, it was obvious why I felt so big. HE was big! I was later informed that he weighed in at 9 lbs. 7 oz. My other kids were 7 lbs. 8 oz. and 7 lbs. 11 oz. Let me tell you, those extra two pounds make a difference!

Anyway, I came home from the hospital yesterday. Benson's birth and first few days of life have been blissfully drama-free. He's eating very well and is gaining back the smalll amount of weight he lost in his first couple of days. He is handsome as can be, and we are just thrilled to have him in our family!

Comments

Becky said…
Congrats. Having a boy is a whole different world- although you may not notice as much until he is a little older...but SO fun! By the way, that picture of you holding Benson, you look amazing for just giving birth. I love the pregnant picture too. Cute cute family! Maybe someday we'll be neighbors :P
J. Taylor said…
Congratulations Kara! Little boys are the BEST. He looks like a happy, healthy baby...what more could you ask for! :) By the way, I love the name Benson (so cute!)
Love, Mandy
Melissa said…
He's beautiful, Kara! Don't tell my husband that those pictures make me baby hungry...
Melissa
Darbee said…
Oh, Kara! Congratulations! I am SO excited for you and your sweet little family! Benson is absolutely perfect...and HUGE! I can't believe your little body could handle carrying that BIG boy! :-) Know that our thought are with you all. Good Luck and Congrats, again!
Jen said…
Hi, Kara! This is Jen (Hagen) Shields from your old childhood neighborhood in Centerville. I just happened to find your blog as I've been browsing other friends' blogs and thought I would drop a line to say hi and that you have such a cute little family! Congrats! He is adorable!
Sara said…
I Kara--Sara (Swalberg) Woodward here. I too found your blog while browsing, and I'm so glad I did. Benson is adorable, as are your girls. You are such a great family. Hope all is well.
Brooke said…
Wow Kara! What a big boy! Congratulations to you and your cute family! I'll bet your girls just love having a new baby. His picture is so cute!
lindsi said…
Kara....I am still in pure awe and amazement that you...little you could have a 9 lb + baby...wow! What a trooper! Anyway, he is adorable! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys!
Bethany said…
Benson is beautiful and you are so beautiful before and after the birth. You finally POPPED!
Congratulations to the whole Toone family.
Jenn K. said…
Kara, what a handsome little boy. I'm glad everything went well and that he's healthy. Little boys are SO much fun! Congrats!
Kara and family...congratulations. What a cute little family. My Nicholas was 9lbs. 8 oz. so I know what you mean about Benson being big! So glad to see your cute pictures. Come visit us at WSU in the future so we can adore you new baby. Jen Evans
Kristin said…
What a fun post, Kara! He really is a darling baby. He photographs very well! ;) I hope that all is going well now that you have more children than you do hands. I can't wait to come up and see him again. Wahoo! Let me know if you need anything - I sure do love you Toones!

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began