Some Semblance of Order

Another week is over! After an EXHAUSTING Saturday spent putting finishing touches on some recent home improvement projects, and then cleaning the house from top to bottom, I can finally say that my house (and my life, by association) does have some semblance of order. It feels good. However, I'm sure I only have a moment to bask in my satisfaction. Lily can take a perfectly clean/orderly space and transform it into chaos in about five seconds flat. She's typically very cute about it, babbling and tottering around the house. However, this doesn't change the fact that she leaves a swathe of destruction wherever she goes. Sometimes I marvel at how different she and Amanda are. Amanda is more thoughtful, more verbal and more concerned about giving the right answers. She's quite often content to be by herself, and she likes things done in a certain way and order. Lily is loud about everything -- whether she has the right answer or not, she's going to let you know about it. She never wants to be alone; if you try to shut her in our out of a room, she immediately dissolves into tears. And they're not I'm-really-mad-that-you're-excluding-me tears. They're I'm-genuinely-hurt-by-the-fact-that-you-don't-want-to-be-with-me tears. She is fiercely independent (i.e. she refuses to let anyone feed her something, even if it's something she really wants to eat. She will throw a red-faced, screaming, crying fit until you hand the spoon over to her and let her do it herself -- which usually results in a huge mess and an immediate bath). To look at the two of them side by side, you'd never guess that they're related. They're just complete opposites in every way. It makes me wonder what this next baby will be like. Speaking of which, I realized today that the day I had planned to go in for my C-section is President's Day (Feb. 18), and I'm doubting that my doctor will be working that day. This is depressing to me! He only does surgeries once a week, so that puts me back on Feb. 25th -- and I'm already the size of a Winnebago. I've got to figure out a way to convince him to do the surgery on President's Day. Or I need to go into early labor. Vacuuming seems to bring on some pretty uncomfortable contractions. Maybe I'll just get up to 37 weeks or so and then go on a vacuuming binge.

Well, this has been utterly random. However, this blog is for me and not really for anybody else's enjoyment (I'm sure that's a consolation to anyone who might, by some miracle, still be reading this). Maybe a little later I'll post some pictures of the finished house projects. Intriguing, I know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began