Playdates

So today I took the girls to a playdate at the neighbor's house, and shortly after arriving home, a friend dropped her two kids at our house so she and her husband could work on a painting project. It can be enlightening to see my kids' interactions with others. Sometimes I think Amanda is not socially where she is verbally/academically. Her vocabulary and general understanding seems to be quite a bit ahead of her peers. But she'll often break off from the group and keep her distance, finding some other type of amusement for herself. If I ever happened past her nursery class and peeked in the window, I would often see her playing alone -- or talking to the teachers. I think I need to make more efforts in regard to her social life -- even though it means large chunks of time out of the day. It's not like it's a chore for me; I get the opportunity to socialize with other moms, which I enjoy. However, it does mean that the house did not get cleaned today! Actually, that was due more to the fact that the friend who brought her kids by didn't call me until this morning. I'm not at all bothered by the short notice; I've done that enough myself. It just changed the plans for the day! Amanda didn't get a nap, and it is now nearing 7:30, so I'm hoping to get her into bed as soon as she finishes her dinner. We're heading up to Logan tomorrow for my cousin's wedding. My sister is blessing her baby the next day, so we just got a motel room and are planning on spending the night in Cache Valley so we don't have to make another trip on Sunday morning. It will be good to be with family! After a family lunch, we'll head back down to Clearfield in time for me to speak at a youth fireside. My topic is 'the example of the Savior in being steadfast and immoveable' (in accordance with this year's churchwide mutual theme, Mosiah 5:15). I have just a few more things to add to my talk -- but I think I better get it done tonight, because the next couple of days are already packed (especially since I have to clean the house tomorrow befor we leave for Logan)!

It occurs to me that this blog is not at all interesting, witty or insightful. However, I must reiterate to anyone who may be reading it that it is intended to be a journal of our family's activities -- nothing more! If you want entertainment, go to a movie. : )

Comments

Becky said…
Hey- I found your blog! How are you guys? Josh is excited that I found you. What is new with your cute family?
Becky said…
We would love to get together with you guys! Weekends are best for us (but not the upcoming weekend.) Let us know! That is so exciting that you are having another baby! They will be so close together (which I think is so fun). That is so exciting that your girls will have a brother! It's a totally different world! Congrats!
Becca said…
Kara, I like reading about your life...entertaining or not! :)
I hope the fireside went well. THat is totally crazy to me that you speak them...not because it's you, but just because you are my age and in the Stake! Go girl!

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Update Ever...

Summer is here!

How It All Began