My 37 Things
Here you have my 37 responses. Enjoy!
1. Do you like bleu cheese? I have recently begun liking bleu cheese dressings and a little crumbled in salads, but I am not yet to the point where I could say that I really crave a big old moldy slice of bleu cheese.
2. Have you ever smoked? Nope.
3. Do you own a gun? Nope.
4. What flavor Kool-Aid was your favorite? I can't remember what it was called. The powder was red, but it turned blue when you added water. I probably should have hesitated to ingest something that used artificial colors and chemical reactions to appeal to children, but I didn't care about that stuff. It was cool, and therefore I wanted to drink it.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes, but not because I'm afraid of anything specific. I just don't like the doctor's office. I also don't like calling to schedule doctor's appointments. My mom always did it for me when I lived with her, and now Kara does it for me. I know it's kind of dumb that a 28-year-old can't call to make his own appointments, but I can bathe myself and cut my own food, so that's pretty good isn't it?
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Every once in a while I have a hot dog that makes me very happy. I like the hot dogs from the Costco food court and the condiments from Maverik. If there was a way to merge the two I'd never need to worry about deciding what to have for lunch again.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? "Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie!" ... "Daddy's not going to kill Ralphie!" ... "Yes he is!"
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I usually don't drink anything in the morning. I have a bowl of Cheerios or Bran Flakes on my way to work.
9. Can you do push ups? Yep. Every once in a while, I would challenge my students to a pushup contest. They would pick a student in my class to challenge me. If they won, we wouldn't have a quiz. If I won, we would. I never won (mostly because they always picked the mega-athletic football kid, not becasue I can't do pushups).
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I really like my nose ring.
11. Favorite hobby? Fixing cars, web design and gardening.
12. Do you have ADD? Not usually, but I sometimes think I have "Menu ADD." When I go to a restaurant, I only make it to about the second appetizer before I get distracted and stop reading. It usually results in me not being ready when the server comes to take our order, and me turning to Kara to ask what she thinks I'd like. She usually does a pretty good job.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? I wear glasses but the prescription is not too strong. My left eye has a slight astigmatism, and my right eye is a little bit near-sighted.
14. Middle name? Thomas
15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment. Synchronized diving is a wierd, but very intriguing sport (I'm watching the olympics as I write this.) I really like orange juice a lot. My kids are pretty cute.
16. Name three drinks you regularly drink. Water, Diet cola, and Milk
17. Current worry? I'm worried about some big training sessions that I have coming up at work in the next couple of weeks. I hope I can be ready in time so they don't end up being a waste of time for the teachers that come.
18. Current hate right now? I hate it when my clothes are twisted and uncomfortable.
19. Favorite place to be? I love to fall asleep on the couch downstairs - usually when Kara is working late with Forsythia (or whatever her new computer's name is)
20. How did you bring in the New Year? A great evening playing games at Nathan and Brenda's house. I love spending time with family.
21. Where would you like to go? I want to go to New York and San Francisco.
22. Name three people who will complete this. I feel like this is mostly Kara's blog, so I'll let her identify the next people for the tag.
23. Do you own slippers? I own them, but I never wear them. They feel wonky on my feet, and they make my feet sweat.
24. What shirt are you wearing? I'm only wearing my undershirt.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? When I was a kid, I had a blue satin pillow case. I loved it. It was so smooth and silky and soft. I want to buy satin sheets real bad, but Kara says they're tacky, and that the only satin sheets are made by "Playboy inc." I don't believe her. She just likes cotton.
26. Can you whistle? I wouldn't say I was an expert, but I've got a pretty good whistle.
27. Favorite color? Green
28. Would you be a pirate? I don't think so. I don't like the water, I don't like boats, and I'm not really into dressing up, stealing, or killing people.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Usually I find myself singing the theme songs from Amanda and Lily's favorite movies. Refrains of "life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long." can frequently be heard from behind my bathroom door.
30. Favorite girl’s name? If we have another little girl, I'd like to name her Elena, but we would call her Ellie.
31. Favorite boy’s name? I like Benson. Jacob and Michael are also on the favorite list.
32. What’s in your pocket right now? No pockets in my lounging shorts
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Lily was kind enough to bring me a diet coke out of the fridge. As I opened it up and it sprayed all over the place I realized that Lily has not yet learned that you shouldn't shake carbonated beverages before opening them. Kind of funny, and it made me laugh.
34. What vehicle do you drive? I drive a white 2000 Ford Ranger. I love it.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I have never been seriously injured, but when my Great-Grandpa Brown died, my dad and I pulled his piano out of his basement, and I got a hernia. A few months later, I needed minor surgery to repair it.
36. Do you love where you live? Yes. One of my favorite things is coming home each day.
37. How many televisions do you have in your house? Three - one in the family room, one in the kitchen, and one in the bedroom closet. (We pull it out when folding enormous piles of laundry in the bedroom).
1. Do you like bleu cheese? I have recently begun liking bleu cheese dressings and a little crumbled in salads, but I am not yet to the point where I could say that I really crave a big old moldy slice of bleu cheese.
2. Have you ever smoked? Nope.
3. Do you own a gun? Nope.
4. What flavor Kool-Aid was your favorite? I can't remember what it was called. The powder was red, but it turned blue when you added water. I probably should have hesitated to ingest something that used artificial colors and chemical reactions to appeal to children, but I didn't care about that stuff. It was cool, and therefore I wanted to drink it.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes, but not because I'm afraid of anything specific. I just don't like the doctor's office. I also don't like calling to schedule doctor's appointments. My mom always did it for me when I lived with her, and now Kara does it for me. I know it's kind of dumb that a 28-year-old can't call to make his own appointments, but I can bathe myself and cut my own food, so that's pretty good isn't it?
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Every once in a while I have a hot dog that makes me very happy. I like the hot dogs from the Costco food court and the condiments from Maverik. If there was a way to merge the two I'd never need to worry about deciding what to have for lunch again.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? "Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie!" ... "Daddy's not going to kill Ralphie!" ... "Yes he is!"
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I usually don't drink anything in the morning. I have a bowl of Cheerios or Bran Flakes on my way to work.
9. Can you do push ups? Yep. Every once in a while, I would challenge my students to a pushup contest. They would pick a student in my class to challenge me. If they won, we wouldn't have a quiz. If I won, we would. I never won (mostly because they always picked the mega-athletic football kid, not becasue I can't do pushups).
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I really like my nose ring.
11. Favorite hobby? Fixing cars, web design and gardening.
12. Do you have ADD? Not usually, but I sometimes think I have "Menu ADD." When I go to a restaurant, I only make it to about the second appetizer before I get distracted and stop reading. It usually results in me not being ready when the server comes to take our order, and me turning to Kara to ask what she thinks I'd like. She usually does a pretty good job.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? I wear glasses but the prescription is not too strong. My left eye has a slight astigmatism, and my right eye is a little bit near-sighted.
14. Middle name? Thomas
15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment. Synchronized diving is a wierd, but very intriguing sport (I'm watching the olympics as I write this.) I really like orange juice a lot. My kids are pretty cute.
16. Name three drinks you regularly drink. Water, Diet cola, and Milk
17. Current worry? I'm worried about some big training sessions that I have coming up at work in the next couple of weeks. I hope I can be ready in time so they don't end up being a waste of time for the teachers that come.
18. Current hate right now? I hate it when my clothes are twisted and uncomfortable.
19. Favorite place to be? I love to fall asleep on the couch downstairs - usually when Kara is working late with Forsythia (or whatever her new computer's name is)
20. How did you bring in the New Year? A great evening playing games at Nathan and Brenda's house. I love spending time with family.
21. Where would you like to go? I want to go to New York and San Francisco.
22. Name three people who will complete this. I feel like this is mostly Kara's blog, so I'll let her identify the next people for the tag.
23. Do you own slippers? I own them, but I never wear them. They feel wonky on my feet, and they make my feet sweat.
24. What shirt are you wearing? I'm only wearing my undershirt.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? When I was a kid, I had a blue satin pillow case. I loved it. It was so smooth and silky and soft. I want to buy satin sheets real bad, but Kara says they're tacky, and that the only satin sheets are made by "Playboy inc." I don't believe her. She just likes cotton.
26. Can you whistle? I wouldn't say I was an expert, but I've got a pretty good whistle.
27. Favorite color? Green
28. Would you be a pirate? I don't think so. I don't like the water, I don't like boats, and I'm not really into dressing up, stealing, or killing people.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Usually I find myself singing the theme songs from Amanda and Lily's favorite movies. Refrains of "life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long." can frequently be heard from behind my bathroom door.
30. Favorite girl’s name? If we have another little girl, I'd like to name her Elena, but we would call her Ellie.
31. Favorite boy’s name? I like Benson. Jacob and Michael are also on the favorite list.
32. What’s in your pocket right now? No pockets in my lounging shorts
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Lily was kind enough to bring me a diet coke out of the fridge. As I opened it up and it sprayed all over the place I realized that Lily has not yet learned that you shouldn't shake carbonated beverages before opening them. Kind of funny, and it made me laugh.
34. What vehicle do you drive? I drive a white 2000 Ford Ranger. I love it.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I have never been seriously injured, but when my Great-Grandpa Brown died, my dad and I pulled his piano out of his basement, and I got a hernia. A few months later, I needed minor surgery to repair it.
36. Do you love where you live? Yes. One of my favorite things is coming home each day.
37. How many televisions do you have in your house? Three - one in the family room, one in the kitchen, and one in the bedroom closet. (We pull it out when folding enormous piles of laundry in the bedroom).
Comments